About Me

My photo
Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
Hi, I'm Kirsty...Welcome to my blog! After years in the wedding and event rentals business I now have my own company offering specialty linen rentals, decorating services and decorations. Here I will be sharing my ideas, tips, weddings and events, things that inspire me, and things I love with you. For more information on our services please visit the website www.classicweddingsandevents.com

Monday, 11 June 2012

Back yard dinner with friends

Yesterday I threw a small dinner party for friends. My Peonies had bloomed and so I cut some to use on the table. They looked so pretty they inspired my to dress up my patio table!
Why save your charger plates for Thanks Giving and Christmas? They looked great against the wood of the table, with fuchsia satin napkins. I also used fuchsia organza chair ties to give my different patio chairs a finished look.
I added a few tea light and votive holders so that we would have candlelight as the evening went on.
Everyone loved the table (and the dinner!), it felt fun and special, so don't wait for an excuse to treat your friends to something special. It doesn't have to cost a lot, but it feels great to make the effort!


No comments:

Post a Comment